Table of contents
- Approve chair, recorder, and agenda (Done)
- Introductions and priorities (Done)
- Select interim committee chair (Done)
- Direct mail schedule (Done)
- "Ethical" Fundraising Policy vs. AFP version ()
- Donor Bill of Rights (Done)
- Allocation of fundraising revenue (Done)
- Elections Act Compliance (Done)
- Record Keeping Protocol ()
- Receipt Mailout Recommendation (Urgent - Done)
Teleconference Meeting brought to order 2005-02-01 @ 8pm EST
Matthew Clarke approved as recorder
CJ accepted nomination.
No other members nominated.
CJ approved as interim chair.
â€¢ Discussion: need to consolidate and control contact with members/donors
â€¢ Discussion: that not only Direct Mail needs to be considered. (web, telephone, etc)
â€¢ Discussion: need for database work
Action Item: develop wiki forum on Fundraising Data/Research (Daryl M, Matthew D)
â€¢ Discussion: need to control number of letters
â€¢ Discussion: Org Structure and Governance Issues. Where does the fundraising committee report? Under existing council motion fundraising committee reports to Finance Team that then reports to ERCT. Lack of awareness expressed on these issues. Acknowledgement from ERCT and Council members on lack of communication.
Action: setup wiki pages to inform committees/members on org structure/functional teams etc... (ERCT?)
Action: communicate with members regarding governance/structure issues. (Council?)
â€¢ Discussion: Provincial Divisions.
- EC's regulation of PDâ€™s is onerous. According to EC, PDâ€™s are creatures of the central party. Reporting goes to HUB. Failures on the part of the PD can delay HUB filing and/or deregistration. No other party has PD's.
- SK and MB are examples of â€œPDâ€™sâ€ that are currently raising funds and issuing receipts.
- Hub is moving toward deregistering PD's
- Regions are moving toward registering PD's (partly because of third plan (see RSC)
- General consensus that PDâ€™s role should be to foster growth of EDAâ€™sâ€”that PDâ€™s job is to â€œput itself out of businessâ€.
- worry expressed about financial disincentive for PD's to form EDAs
- what is the reason for PD?
- for EDA to cooperate regionally?
- for HUB to have presence in a region?
â€¢ Motion for Direct Mail Protocol/Schedule:
- 4 direct mail pieces only in total from GPC (including non-election HUB, PD, EDA)
- 3 negative option with cause â€“ 1 unilateral
- Negative option may be exercised by â€œActiveâ€ EDAâ€™s
- â€œActiveâ€ needs definition in this context, (show us a draft of your proposed letter?) possibly impossible with current staffing levels.
- Notification required for opt-out, 2 week window suggested, (mail, email)
- Question can PDâ€™s opt out of fundraising mailouts.no, send to wiki PD opt out of 1. EDA opt-out of 3
- PD can only fundraising where there is no active EDA, or an EDA opts out
- Tentative schedule:
- Tax time: with receipts?
- Earth Day: spring, good timing, issue oriented
- Fall: ??
- Year End: perrenially good time for contributions
- Newsletters need to be factored in
Revenue Sharing Committee
Deferred until RSC reports
fund protocol to stay within approved limits
Action: move to wiki for drafting (Matthew C)
audit protocol of Party and of Elections Canada
Please direct a third of my federal contribution to my local Green Party Organization (Electoral District Association)