OP insiders are individuals who are committed to and share in the success of OpenPolitics.ca. That is, they can claim some of the credit when things go well, and hide away if not.
Anyone can become an OP:Insider, all it takes is a willingness to help. As is usual in a deliberative democracy and participatory democracy, those who contribute more, or take on the most thankless tasks, will have more respect and influence within the orgainztion, in other words, participation equals power.
Insiders help the project by working or volunteering time to complete items on the todo list. The todo list contains a number of "action requests" that anyone can perform.
The OP:todo list consists of items that can only be performed by admins or senior editors, because they are sensitive or require priveleges (either social or administrative) or some formal authority.
Choose your role:
- editor - all insiders should know the wiki best practices, understand the editor guidelines and perhaps aspire to become senior editors.
- senior editor - experienced editors can become senior editors.
- tech - some insiders will specialize in the technical aspects of Openpolitics, help impliment OP upgrades, provide tech support, create html templates, etc.
- organizer - organizers help grow the open politics village
- manager - coordinates projects and priorities at OP:plan
- adopt Crockers Rules, and learn how to debate by edit.