this is one of the political personality types of the PPQ
A Federalist advocates for a democratic state with taxing and spending powers distributed among all levels of government. Federalists promote a community of communities, pragmatically balancing the tendencies of centralization and decentralization. Less government in a federal system generally means less poltical trouble, but communities are free to deterimine their own scale of government.
This personality type combines these five perspectives
democrat, small state, collectivist, rationalist, narrow focus
- sensitivity to inequalities of power and influence
- it is easier to get things done in local politics.
- favor â€œlaw and orderâ€
- identify strongly with religious, ethnic or cultural groups
- seeking long term "efficiency" for programs
- most quality of life issues to be decided locally.
- trying to make everyone dance to the same tune.
- rebellion for the sake of rebellion
- expanding the bureaucracy.
- being bound by scriptures, loosely defined rights, or old conventions.
Philosophy: Communitarian Democrat
Alternate Nicknames: (suggest a different nickname for this type)
The following issues may be of interest to you. Visit and edit these pages to reflect your beliefs.
childcare education health care labour freedom of religion culture governance multiculturalism police constitutional reform immigration race relations habitat conservation renewable resources economic growth fiscal policy waste management urban sprawl public infrastructure multinational corporation
(please add/remove an issue)
James Madison - quote "If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In forming a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself."
John A MacDonald
engage it, change it - edit this page to add or change this personality profile. (learn how to edit a page)