this is one of the political personality types of the PPQ
This is the archetype of social conservatives, upholding a traditional social view, and favoring "tough love" approaches to economic and social issues. Social conservatives successfully drove reform movements in the welfare system, for example which saw benefits reduced for individuals capable of work, and for some this provided the "kick in the butt" they needed to become contributors to society. Social conservatives are careful to protect and repair the moral fabric of society, aware that there is a constant struggle of good vs. evil and strength vs. corruption. Social conservatives believe that success in life is as mainly a question of spiritual achievement.
This personality type combines these five perspectives
authoritarian, small state, collectivist,idealist , wide focus
- believing that people can change over time
- being fair, but firm.
- a strong sense of social responsibility.
- strict adherence to scriptures, rights, and treaties.
- a preference for â€œlaw and orderâ€
- doubt in the capability of the average person to make wise decisions.
- believe that people will complain no matter what you do.
- addressing the symptoms rather than the "root causes".
- temporary fixes.
- putting too much trust in the judgement of individuals or government.
- expanding the range of public insurance programs (employment insurance, old age pensions, medicare and disability programs)
Philosophy: Social Conservative
Alternate Nicknames: (suggest a different nickname for this type)
The following issues may be of interest to you. Visit and edit these pages to reflect your beliefs.
immigration constitutional reform same sex marriage legalization of marijuana childcare alcohol AIDS death penalty economic injustice public education right of return welfare criminal law electoral system middle east peace climate change privacy freedom of information technology tax reform fiscal policy trade housing
(please add/remove an issue)
engage it, change it - edit this page to add or change this personality profile. (learn how to edit a page)